Subject: Re: [Leica] Sal Dimarco
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 13:53:41 -0800

>Let me add my comments about Sal.>>>>>

Seems like an interesting way to open.

1988...Canadian Federal Election over and returning to Ottawa on the
charter plane with the Prime Minister, his entourage, attending media and
hangers on.

As I had been the photographer documenting the election and the Prime
Mister's campaign, I was aked to take a picture of this shooter from Time
Magazine with the re-elected Prime Minister.

So the photog handed me his camera, a Leica, (that was a surprise) I made a
shot and the moment disappeared in the dark regions of mind. Until! Two
years ago Sal was our Saturday morning guest photographer at my Leica
Seminar.

Just before he gave his slide presentation there was a comment that he had
an exclusive Ted Grant photograph which he was going to show. Immediately
my panic button is pushed, thinking it was going to be a shot of me doing
some embarrassingly stupid thing. But I couldn't remember where Sal and I
had met previously where he could've shot me.

Yep you guessed it. It wasn't a shot of me, but Sal at 30,000' when I took
his picture on the PM's plane 10 years earlier. :)

So Sal, welcome aboard "LUG  Flight 2000" I know you'll be a wealth of
Leica info to the gang. It gets a tad testy once in awhile, generally we
behave and kinda keep on the Leica track. Occasionally the cranky old farts
get their britches in a knot, but all in all it's a damn fine family to be
part of.

Now fasten yer seat belt there's turbulence ahead! :)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant