Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Kodachrome blues
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 13:59:42 -0800

Without wanting to date myself too much, when I started shooting
transparency film, Kodachrome II (for a short while) and then K25/K64, was
the film of choice. The E-4 alternatives, Ektachrome-X and High Speed
Ektachrome, were grainy, not nearly as sharp, and had an annoying bluish
cast to them. If I recall correctly, the Ektachromes cost more, too.
Kodachrome's archival qualities were pretty well known then, but mostly on
the basis of anecdotal evidence. It was a few years before Henry Wilhelm
started taking an independent look at the subject, and publishing the
results of his research.