Subject: Re: [Leica] PMA Show and LHSA's Black paint M6TTL
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 16:20:16 -0800

><Snip> >
>
> Peter,
>
> Like I read in a recent magazine review about the Leica M6 TTL, "Flash? That
> why they have Nikons (and in your case Peter, Canons)"
>
><Snip>
I made 324 flash exposures with my Leica M6's last week. Bang Bang Bang. Flash
Flash Flash. What's non-inclusive about strobes and Leica?
I use every conceivable form of twinkie lights from 2400 watt seconds to 20 all
the time at our sync speed of 1/50. Some would find that unusual or difficult
until they delve into it a little bit. Try it. As we've gone over much before
just because Leica is a great tool without twinkie doesn't mean there's a law of
physics against it*.
I just got a TTL M6 and a few weeks later two non TTL twinkies to go with it.
Is there a law that says syncro-sun photography has to always be state of the
art? Much of my Flash work is not even at A mode but manual mode. TTL is great
but i don't need it and I sure don't need Matrix (The movie was great but I
would't want to make a CAREEEEEER out of it)
Are the sync speeds and electronics in the R system in any way wanting? I didn't
think so.
Mark Rabiner

*The Hossess law of physics:
	for every Twinkie there is a equal and unrefutable Cupcake!