Subject: Re: [Leica] Herbert List - General catalog
From: "dominique pellissier" <noct@club-internet.fr>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 21:00:33 +0100

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Bernard Degaute <bernard.degaute@club.innet.be>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2000 12:16 PM
Subject: [Leica] Herbert List - General catalog

> Hi all
>
> In the last (french edition at least) of the Leica general catalog there
is
> a picture of a fish in its globe. The photographer was Herbert List
> (1903-1975) and the picture was also published in "75 years of
photography -
> Leica".
> A few days ago a documentary has been broadcast on Arte, a (considered as
> very) serious French-German TV. It was said that this photograph was made
> with a Rollei and that H. List discovered Leica (M body) several years
later
> only.
> So who is wrong? How many Rollei, Hassie, Sinar, Linhof photographs in the
> Leica catalogs??? :<
> I think that the most important is the subject and the quality of the
> picture, of course, but any comment about this?
>

> Bernard
>
> bernard.degaute@village.uunet.be

#######
I 've checked in the book "75 years of leica photography", p.96 and I think
Arte journalists are right.
The vertical picture is not homothetic with the 24x36 : 17.5x22.5. It seems
that the 6x6 picture has been refitted (?; in french :"recadree").
By comparison, a picture made by Depardon, p. 141 is homothetic with the
original format.

Dominique Pellissier