Subject: RE: [Leica] 35/1.4 Summilux at f1.4
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 10:55:29 -0000

John - Don't get me wrong either...the pre-ASPH is a hell of a lens - and
the proof is in the fact that it captured many of the great images of the
Vietnam era...It's still a great lens, for size and glow if nothing
else...The two advantages of the ASPH are sharpness, which is not to be
believed, and virtual freedom from flare....I too, if I could, would own
both versions...but, alas, I can't afford too...I can barely afford
one...;-)