Subject: Re: [Leica] F3 and old girlfriends
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 16:11:51 -0700

I sold my F2A and bought an F3 because Nikon told me that was the last
overhaul they would be able to do on my Photomic finder. I found the F3 to
very reliable and tough camera. My only complaints were the exposure lock
button flying away one day (cured by biting the plastic shank) and the
meter's aperture collar sticking after 15 years of use ( took off the mount
and cleaned it myself). Finally sold it as I was using my Ms all the time
and was only keeping the F3 for the times when I needed a motor. So I bought
a M4-P winder and have not looked back. I do not miss it but it was a great
camera and I loved that 105mm f2.5. Every now and then I look longingly at
used screw-mount 105mm but I love my Leica 90mm just as much. Oh well, sort
of like old girlfriends, had a great time but kind of glad I found what I
have now.

John Collier