Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodachrome Blues : Fuji Sensia and Astia
From: Pitak Chenkosol <pitakc@ee.pdx.edu>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 12:57:25 -0800 (PST)

Dear LUGGERS,

According to the 1999 Fujifilm Professional Dataguide that I have,
Fujichrome Sensia II 100 (RA) has identical characteristics(spectral
sensitivity curves, spectral dye sensitivity curves, characteristic
curves, MTF curves, diffuse RMS granularity value, and resolving power)
to those of Fujichrome Astia 100 Professional(RAP : "P" for "Professional"
perhaps?). It looks like the Sensia is a non-professional equivalent of
the Astia. Can anyone confirm this?

These are my chrome films of choice. Well, I do use Velvia when the light
is good. I can get them processed in two hours at a local shop. I have two
16x20 prints made from Astia slides(shot with 50mm/f2 Summicron-M) and they
look good.

It's too bad that Fuji does not make the Sensia in a 20 rolls pack like
the Astia.

Regards,

Pitak

> I was recently persuaded to try Fuji Sensia rather than K64 - I was amazed
> that I posted off my first roll on Thursday at bout noon and got it back
> today (Saturday) at about 10 a.m. Less than 48 hours, and very well mounted
> and processed.
>
> What is wrong with Kodak? Have they really got a death wish?
>
> Gerry
> Gerry Walden (UK)

- --
Pitak Chenkosol, Dept. Electrical Eng.,|  " I was born not knowing and have
Portland State University,             |    only had a little time to change
P.O. Box 751, Portland, OR 97207-0751. |    that here and there."
E-mail: pitakc@ee.pdx.edu              |                Richard P. Feynman