Subject: [Leica] Xtol (was: trouble with delta 3200 in 120)
From: Gammanyne@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 00:28:55 EST

    Thanks for the data John, much appreciated. Yes, tmax is pocketful, I
agree. However using it with 3200 at 1600 under very flat light I.E.:
flouresents or very overcast skylight I have tweaked my processing to give
really nice results. I actually shoot a lot of film under these conditions. I
have had many problems with tonal range / blocking up and near posterization
when the sun pops out or I put on a flash for fill though.
    I have shot a roll of 100 tmax today, using my new/old m4 and a 35 and a
135.  I am going to mix the xtol now and check it out tomorrow AM. I look
forward to posting favorable results. Thanks for the help.
    Now I have an m4 question. I seem to have some difficulty focusing when I
go to shoot vertically. I had to focus horizontally and then reorient the
Camera and recompose. This was only noticable on the wideangle not the tele.
Maybe it is just my newness to the rangefinder focus. If I am missing
something, I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks in advance. Keith.