Subject: Re: [Leica] Summitar Filters and Cap
From: John <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 23:04:56 +0000

A.H.SCHMIDT wrote:

> Marc James Small wrote:
>
> >The Summicron filters however,(as
> mentioned not long ago)
> are slightly smaller. The greater depth of the Summicron lens caps,
> allows for this.
> However this seems to work only without problems when the lens cap is
> relatively new.
> After some time the felt inside the cap seems to compress and unless
> the cap has enough
> surface area to touch, it comes loose.  I tried to roughen up the
> inside felt of the caps, but it does not work for long.
>
> Regards, Horst Schmidt

Nah, I still think Ernie Leitz didn't intend you to put a filter in front of
one of his lenses as this would be  heresy, or he was out to garner profit
from selling replacement lens caps to all those of us whose caps fell off in
the middle of the street and were run over by the truck collecting garbage.
John