Subject: Re: [Leica] Help on Cable Release for Telyt
From: MSwiek@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 09:02:14 EST

Leica made cable releases specifically for these shoulder stocks.  There were
three versions:  1) a regular manual cable release;  2) an electric release
for the Leicaflex SL-MOT and SL-2-MOT motors; and 3) an electric release or
the R-series motors. These releases had a threaded collar that screwed into
the hole in the handle. The first two are quite hard to find and tend to be
quite expensive when they do appear.  The one for the R-series motors is
easier to find, and may indeed still be catalogued by Leica.  Alternatively,
there are some non-Leica releases that would fit.  In particular, I remember
seeing one by Prontor that had a large, and I believe, tapered body that
would fit into the slot in the shoulder stock handle.  The release is simply
pressed into the hole from the front of the handle.  If the fit is not quite
perfect you could use either some electrical tape to increase the diameter of
the release body for a more snug fit, or even some O-rings from the plumbing
section of your local hardware store.

Mike Swiek