Subject: Re: [Leica] Help on Cable Release for Telyt
From: Bill Caldwell <sneeker@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 21:42:15 -0500

SNIP --

I have a 400mm f/6.8 Telyt, with the handle arm rest.  I would like to
put a cable release on the handle, and there seems to be a rather large
cylindrical space disposed through the handle in which one would slide
such a cable release.

SNIP --

Doug Herr wrote:

> It's made to fit the Leica electric release, that plugs in to the winder or motor drive.  There's a small set screw that you can see from the top of the mounting plate (where the lens is attached to the shoulder stock) that is used to secure the release in place.  I don't know the catalog number (I sold my release along with the winder a few months ago).>

SNIP --

The electric release switch to use with the Motor Drive-R is Leica code
no. 14237, which switch fits into the Leica universal handgrip/shoulder
stock used with the f/6.8 400 mm Telyt-R (and others).  The universal
handgrip is Leica code no. 14239.

Best Regards,

Bill Caldwell
Northern Virginia