Subject: [Leica] Sprintscan 4000
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 00:58:40 -0500

Dear LUG,

I'm the proud if not confused owner of a Sprintscan 4000 and a Power Mac
G$/400. I figure it was either that or aspheric lenses for my Leicas. At
least this way I can work on maximizing their output from film to bytes.

So, I'm having trouble getting a good grayscale scan. When I preview the
b&w neg in Polaroid's PolaColor Insight 4.0 software the preview looks
great. When I do the scan and it opens in Photoshop it looks very washed
out/overexposed. I can correct this using Photoshop's curves, etc. but
I'd like to get a native scan that resembles my preview.

I throw myself upon the mercy and wisdom of this esteemed if not
turbulent assemblage.

Also, if you want to see some of my newer photos, some of which I've
printed and am anxious to share, then any help you can give  with this
will hasten that end.

- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/