Subject: Re: [Leica] The law and the law
From: Amilcar de Oliveira <amilcar@domain.com.br>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 15:09:09 -0200

Mike Johnston wrote:

> I once saw a TV show about how to avoid tickets. It said, show your
> hands prominently so you're not a threat, speak up, never make eye
> contact, and agree with everything the officer tells you.

It's not the same in every country. Brazillian cops believe that if don't
make eye contact, you're guilty - mind you, guilty, not just a suspect - of
something.
And they practice it, too. One time, a cop tried to aprehend my girlfriend's
car, based on his own interpretation of the traffic laws (which was based on
a stupid error of language)...and couldn't look me in the eye.

Amilcar