Subject: Re: [Leica] Police harassment
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 06:14:57 -0800

>Dan C wrote:
>

> I am pretty certain that here in Canada a police officer must place you
>under arrest before he has the right to ask you for identification.  At
>least, this used to be true, I am not aware of any changes to the  Criminal
>Code that affect this.
><<<

Doug Herr responded:
>The mounties in the Yukon Territory may not be aware of this.  Of course,
>at the time I was a rather suspicious character, having not shaved or had a
>decent haircut in some time, and driving a VW with California licence
>plates!>>>>>>

Doug,

Well there you go eh? California plates, unshaven, no hair cut, a VW.

One o' them Califonria grass smokin Hippy kinds, come up here after the
wimmin eh?  :)

What u expect from the true blue red coat mounties of the north? eh? :)

We gotta pertec are country from u southern sunshine kind, always mind
blown out and smilin', eh? We know yer kind, "Hey honey I can get u in
pictures.:) eh?

Then you pull out yer ... Leica and smile. :)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant