Subject: Re: [Leica] Police harassment
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 07:04:30 -0500

Dan C wrote:

 I am pretty certain that here in Canada a police officer must place you
under arrest before he has the right to ask you for identification.  At
least, this used to be true, I am not aware of any changes to the  Criminal
Code that affect this.
<<<

The mounties in the Yukon Territory may not be aware of this.  Of course,
at the time I was a rather suspicious character, having not shaved or had a
decent haircut in some time, and driving a VW with California licence
plates!

Doug Herr
Sacramento