Subject: Re: [Leica] PLS Help: Trip to Florida
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 07:43:08 -0800

Michelle,

Do not ever put film in checked baggage. Checked baggage can be subject to
very high xrays - much higher than carry on bags.

If your trip is to Florida, you'll only pass through Miami security once -
when you leave. If you're taking a direct flight from your departure point
to Miami you'll only be passing through security xray twice. Your film
should be fine.

If you're concerned, what has worked for me and a number of other LUG
members at various points around the world, is to remove your film from the
boxes and plastic cannisters and put it all in see through zip-lock bags.
Have the bags out when you come to the security check point. Approach when
it's not crowded and be polite. I put my small zip-locks into one or two
larger, gallon-size. Ask for a hand inspection of the film only and run your
other stuff through the machine.

Bryan