Subject: Re: [Leica] Evidence that Rabiner is not Dead
From: "Robert Bedwell" <rlb@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 09:30:12 -0500

Sorry Dan, I have never used the smile indicators on any post in my life and
I certainly don't hide behind anything.  When it comes to people's feelings
I am extremely sensitive.  I hope that the comment that you made about my
honesty makes you feel good about yours because that was the exact purpose.

The bottom line is that this type of insensitive remarks is common-place on
the LUG.  If you had given thoughts to how your comment would have been
interpreted by Mark before you hit the send button you never would have sent
it.  This type of manner is just not present on other lists that I am aware
of(Rollei as an example).  It certainly takes the fun out of participating.

I would like to make a proposal that all LUGGERs make a New Years Resolution
to be more professional and caring in the manner that they post their
comments.   We all know that there are many LUGGERS that have more knowledge
about
Leicas and photography than others.   In the interest of education and team
spirit I think all of us should encourage, instead of discourage, questions
and comments from those of all levels of photographic knowledge

So please, let's put this thread to rest and commit to a more civil and
productive LUG in 2000.  There has got to be some sort of benign signal that
we post, such as;  %%%%, #####, or whatever, when someone posts something
that is not understood or is potentially offensive thus wasting time on
non-productive banter.

Bob