Subject: Re: [Leica] What Type of Camera to use???????????????
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 19:28:29 -0800

Jerry wrote:

>I have the opportunity to shoot at the Academy Awards. Since I have not
>been there before I would like to know what would be the best combo? R8
>or M6?>>>>

Jerry,
Way to wide a question:  answer the following:

Are shooting B&W, slide? colour neg?

Where will you be?

In the rat pack on the street with the pushing shoving flash experts?

Inside exclusive shooting?

Inside close-up really exclusive?

Behind the scenes interview areas?

Back stage?

Roaming the audience?

What is your assignment?

What are you there to shoot?

Why are you there to shoot?

What is expected of you as a photographer?

In other words ,

What is the end result for?

Answer some or all of the above and I'll bet we collectively can give you
the usual amount of total confusion to help cover this assignment.

Bottom line?  You have both M & R?   .....take both. You of course didn't
say what lenses you have, nor how many bodies of each.

So now you may understand why your question:

<<<Since I have not been there before I would like to know what would be
the best combo? R8 or M6?>>>>

is so wide open nobody can honestly give you a helpful answer.
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant