Subject: Re: [Leica] Visoflex Prism Questions
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 17:33:52 -0600

There is a Viso III reflex housing with a Viso II prism on Ebay now at 243166100.
You can see the step down of the prism behind the housing body and again at the
eyepiece.  As I recall the Viso III that I used to own, the III prism is flat on the
bottom from front to back, which makes it easy on/off, but also puts the eyepiece a
bit higher.

I'd be prepared to bet that the II prism would not work on an M5, because as I
recall the regular III prism barely cleared the film speed selector knob which sat
in the middle of the top plate.  Don't know how the "2mm taller" TTL body compares
to the old M5 in terms of height above the lens mount.  Perhaps somebody out there
knows.

Cheers,
Kip