Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Request for input
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 12:04:05 EST

In a message dated 1/25/00 8:46:49 AM, jniemann@ivy.tec.in.us writes:

>I found that LeCamera is very liberal in evaluating their equipment,
>and quiet consevative in evaluating mine.

Whoa!!! Did someone say something about LeCamera while I wasn't paying
attention. I've been waiting for the opportunity to tell my tale so here goes
. . .

The short story is that a used M3 I bought from LeCamera was unsatisfactory
(mount spring so stiff you couldn't hardly mount lenses, rangefinder way out
of vertical alignment, serial number indicated a later model with a preview
lever but the camera didn't have one). It took three weeks (and several phone
calls) after the camera arrived back at their shop for them to credit my
debit card. They offered lots of different stories and excuses and made lots
of promises. It seems like Le was the worst one for making for saying
something would happen and then falling down on the promise. I finally got
hold of a salesman there who saw that it got taken care of.

As an aside while all this was going on I tried to buy a second camera from
them but Le kept forgetting to send it out.

I won't tell others what to do but I'll never attempt to do business with Le
Camera again.

Bob (I'll stick to ebay) McEowen