Subject: RE: [Leica] Bela Bartok(or Bartok Bela)
From: "Andrew S Jordan" <andrewsjordan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 03:59:53 -0500

Chandos: Yes, it is indeed Barto'k Be'la in Hungarian. And, of course,
Kerte'sz Andor. The apostrophe should be actually above the vowel signifyin
a "long" o and e, respectively, as in joke and lace. I think a similar
convention-positioning the last name first- applies in Vietnamese and other
Asian languages as well.

Regards, Andrew Jordan(aka, Jorda'n Endre on my birth certificate)