Subject: Re: [Leica] What the...it's a flying pig!!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 21:56:45 -0800

Mike Johnston wrote:

>>WHY are we discussing what will happen "when Fuji buys Leica"??? Why
>>don't we just discuss what it will be like when pigs fly? (Hint: dodge
>>them droppins!) At least then, the rumors we start will be easier to
>>detect.
>>
>>--Mike the Grump
>>
>>P.S. I can't help but point out that Konica already built an AE,
>>motor-wind M6, and most folks here don't even want to look at it. Why
>>the heck does anybody want Fuji to do the same thing? Another pretender
>>to diss? C'mon now.

Mike,

What I can never understand is the constant whining for all this damn auto
crap on an M6.  If they don't like the camera for crying out loud sell it
and go buy a bloody Canon, Konica, Nikon or whatever little auto toy they
think is better.

The M6 is a diamond camera and they want a bunch of nickle and dime add ons
to make it supposedly more efficient at the expense of weight, noise and
for what?

In reality, nothing!

Those who want a motor are crazy, get a Tom Abramsson Rapidwinder and it'll
kick ass of any battery driven motor you wish to add.  And a hell of alot
cheaper with silent operation at about 3 frames a second after a bit of
practice.

There's more whining in this group about the M6 needing a whole bunch of
things to make it better and not one of the things they whine about are
going to make anyone of them better photographers.  If they're not good
with the M6 or any other M camera as it is, all the two bit add ons aren't
going to make them any better. They'll just have a bunch more features to
whine about!

Boy at times I just can't figure this crew out at all.

And don't anyone come back and say I'm not for advancement as I sure as
hell am. But not at the expense of blowing away an excellent camera that
"Ain't broke and needs no fixin'!"

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant