Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera / lens
From: "Pete Su" <psu@esgear.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 14:47:31 -0500

I have had a similar experience with the Hexar... the camera sort of wills
you into shooting in a different way.

Coming to photography from an engineering background, I tend towards the
anal, composing too carefully, using a tripod (but not a lot!), checking
DOF, spot metering, etc.

The Hexar has a way of freeing me from that mind set, so I shoot a bit
looser. And, its not so much the automation. Its viewing the world though a
viewfinder instead of on the focussing screen. The viewfinder lets you
evaluate the whole picture instead of just the subject.

Anyway, I figure the Leica or Hexar RF or other viewfinder cameras would
have the same effect. People really should try them. I think its great that
I've come back to photography just as rangefinder cameras have had a new
beginning in the marketplace.

Pete