Subject: Re: [Leica] New Coldtone
From: Ed Buziak <ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 18:41:47 +0000

George,

In short... it is a beautiful paper, but not that cool in tone... just
lusciously neutral with deep blacks and brilliant whites (mind you, Mike J
thinks my prints are too dark and contrasty <s>). I personally didn't like
Ilford's Multigrade IV but their new CoolTone is a winner. I was sent a
sample packet of 25 sheets by their PR people, which prompted me to *buy* 10
boxes (of 8x10 in 100s) since the beginning of December when it was
launched. I used to used Agfa's Multicontrast Premium (RC) and Classic (FB),
but now it's Cooltone all the time. They have *got* to introduce it in
fibre... or else they will have lost the plot!

In detail... I could e-mail privately a transcript of the 4-page review we
carried in the magazine.

BTW 1: Also ask Mike Johnston about the paper... he liked the sample pack so
much I sent him a box.

BTW 2: I don't know when (or if) Ilford Inc plan on introducing this paper
to the USA... get them to!

Cheers,

Ed Buziak / Publisher
"Camera & Darkroom"