Subject: [Leica] loading the M
From: "Gary Klein" <gklein@excel.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 00:37:05 -0600

Come on guys and gals, the M is not hard to load.  Too many of you
have been spoiled by the new fangled loading s systems.  Loading an
M leica is a snap compared to say the IIIF.  Even my Canon Eos 1n
misloads every now and then.  Not any more than with an m done
right.  Cripes, don't sweat it.  Some of you are as bad as guys who
really harp on stainless steel reels. I can just about load any
piece of stainless as long as it isn't to bent out of shape.  Its
only taken me thousands of rolls of film plus since 1975 to get it
right.  Worst part is is that I am left handed.  When you really
look at it the M has a far superior film alignment system than many
cameras with a "normal back".  I wouldn't get so worried.  Just use
36 exposures films.