Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux result????
From: Pitak Chenkosol <pitakc@ee.pdx.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 17:06:57 -0800 (PST)

I think it will help if one can answer a simple question.

Do you "need" or "want" the lens? If you "need" it, there is a good
chance that you already know what you will use the lens for.

On the other hand, if you just "want" the lens, it will perhaps make
the decision process easier if you have some info. about the lens.

Ask questions and see if the answers that you receive will help justify
the buying process. The LUG is a good place to get real world experience
in using such a high speed lens.

At the ends you still have to make the decision yourself. It is a big
ticket item, an impulse purchase is not recommended.

Regards,

PC

> In a message dated 01/22/2000 4:07:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> robmueller@home.com writes:
>
> <<  Why would I want this
>  lens again? I'm not trying to be a smard A.., but something doesn't
>  correlate. I admit I know nothing of lens, so what are the advantages?
>   >>
> To use it at f1!!!!! Why else would you buy it? I have pictures taken with
> moonlight that are just beautiful. Also the effects of the lens under normal
> lighting at f1 are truly beautiful.
> Bob Figlio

- --
Pitak Chenkosol, Dept. Electrical Eng.,|  " I was born not knowing and have
Portland State University,             |    only had a little time to change
P.O. Box 751, Portland, OR 97207-0751. |    that here and there."
E-mail: pitakc@ee.pdx.edu              |                Richard P. Feynman