Subject: Re: [Leica] rangefinder image
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 23:41:19 -0800

"Andrew M. Moore" wrote:

> > I use a regular small screwdriver but one with a right angle bend on
> > the end of the shaft or a 30 degree cut off on the tip might be a
>
> I looked closely at the adjustment screw, and I'm not sure that we're
> all talking about the same type of rangefinder adjustment.  It sounds
> like the screw you're referring to is the slotted screw closest to the
> focusing cam, which looks like it might adjust the focus point (by
> rotating the "off-axis" circular cam that encompasses the screw?)
>
> I've been talking about an adjustment that cure the rangefinder
> patch images from being misaligned vertically -- one of them appears
> above the other -- that is, on a different horizontal plane -- so
> even though my focus may be dead on, I can never see the two images
> line up perfectly no matter where I focus.
>
> Are we referring to the same adjustment?
>
> --Andrew

No in my previous post I was talking horizontal. I believe with the m6 the
vertical is trickier perhaps needing to go in through the red dot. Too rich for
my blood.
I hope I have not confused anyone or been off the point.
This was all described by someone better than I have in the archives. Might have
been Tom A.
Mark Rabiner