Subject: Re: [Leica] Winter and dark out
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 20:48:44 -0500

Mark Rabiner wrote, in part:

> Out at night with a tripod! And exhilarating experience! A gold mine of images
> and inspiration!

Yep, only I'd add two words of caution: If you tripod is an aluminium
Tiltall, and the ambient temperature is 23 F, be sure you only touch it with
gloves on.  Aluminium gets cold at night.  VERY cold. ;)

And, for all of you who think that reloading an M6 is a pain in the arse,
try reloading a '32 Leica II, including trimming the leader with a small
pocket knife, at 2 AM on the top of a parking building in the breeze.  It
is, shall we say, a "challenging" experience.

The cup of tea at the end of it all is nothing short of liquid lifeforce! ;)

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | "Very funny Scotty.  Now beam down
Interactive Systems Designer      | my clothes."
email: mvhoward@mac.com           |