Subject: [Leica] BAS test results
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:27:12 +0100

Well, you asked for it, so...
here is the complete list of Leica & Contax G & Voigtlander results in the FotoMagazin Bas test (some lenses are missing, as they have not yet been tested).

What raised this issue, was the fact that the new Cosina Voigtlander lenses performed so well in this context. I was very astonished as I read about it today, and that is why I posted to the LUG. If anyone wonders how these tests are made, I will have to ask someone to translate page 3 in FotoMagazin Extraheft "Special 1/2000". Even better would be if Erwin Puts would care to comment the BAS test method, as I am sure that he understands these matters much better than most of us.

Within (  ) is the year when the lens was tested, then the optical points.

Wide angle lenses R
Elmarit R 19/2.8 (1991) 9.9
Elmarit R 28/2.8 (1995) 9.6
Summilux R 35/1.4 (1985) 9.5