Subject: [Leica] Bessa R & lenses
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 17:35:10 +0100

A tip to European LUGers:
I just got the latest issue of the German FotoMagazin in my mailbox (February issue).
They have a 2 page article with pictures of the Bessa R, and tests of the 25-35-50-75 mm lenses. The lenses got splendid results:

Skopar 25/4.0  (9.8)
Ultron 35/1.7  (9.6)
Nokton 50/1.5  (9.0)
Heliar 75/2.5  (9.8)

For reference, some M-lenses:
Summicron 35/2.0 non-asph  (9.4)
Summilux 50/1.4  (9.2)
Summicron 50/2.0 (9.6)
Elmarit 90/2.8  (9.6)

In short, terrific results for the new Bessa lenses...

[There is also a comparison of R-lenses and Zeiss lenses (for Contax SLR:s)]

A Bessa R is reported to cost less than 2000 DM (complete with either the 35 or 50 mm lens). A black 75/2.5 will cost 849 DM, according to www.ringfoto.de (They have not updated with Bessa R info yet).
I am not so keen on the Konica Hexar, as I like manual wind lever better than a noisy winder on this type of camera. But the Bessa R & lenses is really nice, I think!

/Hans