Subject: [Leica] re: Photographic skills
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 07:04:09 -0500

Deniz wrote:

I cannot understand, why a Summilux would allow me to work in a greater
variety of circumstances as a Nikon canīt?
<<<

Portability, low vibration, stealth & silence of the M and freedom from
flare come to mind immediately.  In some lighting situations Leica lenses
provide good image quality while other lenses lose color from internal
reflections.

This isn't a Summilux, but in a situation I'm very familiar with, the
superior viewfinder and a responsive ergonomic design of the SL and 400mm
Telyt will get me warbler photos where an ordinary viewfinder and typical
400mm lens responds too slowly and gets me photos of the twig where the
warbler was.

In my experience, the margins of usability are extended by Leica equipment.
 This is how the Summilux might allow one to work in a greater  variety of
circumstances (IMHO).

Doug Herr
Sacramento