Subject: Re: [Leica] Voigtlander Heliar 15mm - carrying case?
From: LawsonCL@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 01:09:30 EST

jbcollier@home.com writes:

<< I hope you will not have a heart attack Marc but I recently saw an ad from
 Cosina and in HUGE letters they had added the dreaded "H" >>

Arrrgh!

Is there no justice in this world?

But, wait! Didn't Cosina pay for the rights to use the Voigtlander name?
Don't they now have the whole shebang by the alphabetical short hairs, "h" or
no "h?" Could it be the Cosina marketing committee has taken a page from
modern American politics, read the pulse of an ignorant, uninformed and
downright disinterested public and chosen to go with the popular spelling?
Obviously, expedience supercedes name usage agreements.

That settles it. Money talks and it has spoken. The Voigtlanders will have to
slip an "h" into the spelling of the family name.

I believe I hear a lawyer slithering into her office to draft the mandate now.

And if all that isn't enough to freeze your shutter curtain and bend your
diaphram blades out of shape, just wait until some battered Catholic school
survivor buys out Leica and dutifully puts the "e" and 'i" where God and
Mother Kathleen dictated they should be all along.

Chris (I can tolerate being a Lieca owner) Lawson