Subject: Re: [Leica] Voightlander Heliar 15mm - carrying case?
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:25:16 EST

In a message dated 1/18/00 7:53:09 AM, bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

>And when did you last see snow and road salt where you live? ;-)

This year has been amazingly pleasant but normally we get several good snows
each winter here in mid-Missouri. The road crews do tend to use cinders more
than salt, though.

Personally, I just think they're making better car bodies (or sealing them
better) these days. Of course, I didn't say my cars wouldn't benefit from
wax. They just aren't going to get it.

But fwiw, my '87 Jetta has 160,000 miles, has never been waxed and doesn't
have a rust spot on it. If it means anything, it was made in Germany, just
like an old Leica -- see I got the OLC in afterall . . .

Bob (cars are a low priority) McEowen