Subject: [Leica] leica or vivitar....
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 100 22:12:48 -0500 (EST)

i must say i'm enjoying the gauntlet thread -- i'd been using a canon
serenar 50mm 1.8 with an adapter on my m6 for quite some time until a kind
lugger loaned me his summilux and i was shocked to not be able to see a
difference when i started using the summilux, even under studio conditions
(tripod, Very Metered Light, all that garbage), eventually I just started
leaving the leica lens at home for fear it would get banged or stolen --
is it possible the leica lens is better? sure, but it's not four hundred
dollars better.... as to whether or not a leica lens can outperform a
pentax lens in the lab ... it's an academic argument, who shoots in a lab?

kc