Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm/f1.4 Summilux-R : I like what I saw.
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 22:01:40 -0800

Pitak Chenkosol wrote:

<<<<< Focusing with the original split-screen on an R6.2 is quite tricky
especially on the far away subject and low light situations.
>Any tips on how to improve the focusing under mentioned conditions will be
>appreciated. I search the LUG message archive and got an impression that
>a uniform ground glass focusing screen might help. I thought that the screen
>will help if I use a long focal length lens but probably not much so for
>a shorter focal length lens like the 35mm. Am I correct?>>>>>

Hi Pitak,

I've always changed the split screen for full ground glass in any of the R
cameras I've worked with. Including the R8s at the moment.

The ground glass is much easier to use with any of the lenses from super
wide to 800mm! I suggest you look into changing the screen in your R6.2 as
you'll find the camera much better to work and see with.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant