Subject: Re: R: [Leica] Camera and photographer of the century
From: "Ross McLeish" <loksi@dingoblue.net.au>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 12:45:39 +1100

From: "Claes Bjerner"
> ... Sometimes scientific "proof" simply has to give way to peoples own
logic.

Claes, could you explain to us what is 'logical' about a century with 99
years, or a millennium with 999 years??
BTW  (and on Topic) Leica M as a family of cameras, was deemed the Camera of
the Century by Australian Camera, in their December, 1999 issue.  I doubt
that they will re-open the subject for further consideration before we end
this century.
I nominate QE2 as 'photographer of the century', for her dogged (no pun)
resilience in always facing the world with one of her trusty Leicas at hand,
whether or not she really knows how to use it.....( I haven't seen any of
her work, but I guess it might be published sometime next century when she
kicks over ).
Now.....that should get a few things 'out of joint' on this increasingly
tedious list..... (anyone using their cameras lately?)