Subject: [Leica] New shutter-speed dial
From: Simon Stevens <simon@wizard.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 17:56:03 -0500

Mike hyperbolized:

"Real Leica M photographers have been turning the shutter speed dial one

way for decades; making them switch now is like making an American move
to England and drive on the wrong side of the road."

Sorry, I laughed out loud when I read this. I've lived in both countries
as well as Germany and each time it takes me all of 20 minutes to get
used to the change and about a day to fully adapt, so it really is not a
big deal.  A minor control change when switching from one model camera
to a newer one is (to me at least) equally trivial, especially since we
are free not to buy the product if the change ruins our sleep.

Maybe Leicas should be made available in both left hand drive and right
hand drive variants? Anyway, I'll go back to lurking now, and no doubt
watching with amusement as more LUG mountains are made of molehills!

Simon Stevens