Subject: [Leica] Gauntlet response
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 15:27:34 +0000

>>>so whatever negative
passes his test will be a personal judgement, which might be
acceptable, but without any measurable and identifiable criteria<<<

Wrong-O. I ain't looking for "measurable criteria." All I'm saying is
that I won't sandbag people on purpose by including any pictures of
sheep in fog, or portraits taken through shower glass, or other types of
pictures where it would be difficult or impossible to determine anything
at all about lens quality. In fact I am going out of my way to make it a
fair trial, finding pictures that show what I consider to be
"characteristic looks" of a few of the most common Leica lenses.

- --Mike