Subject: Re: [Leica] 35/3.5 Summaron any thoughts
From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 21:02:02 +0000

on 15/1/00 3:18 pm, E Nitka at enitka@twcny.rr.com wrote:

> Howdy - I realize that it's a bit stupid to ask what other people think of
> this lens considering that I already own it.

I used to have a 35/3.5 M with the bugeyes. I found that while it was
terrifically sharp at f8, wide open it was soft in a not very pleasing way.
Moreover the bugeyes are an ergonomic disaster (I was using an M3). Finally,
3.5 turned out to be a stop at least too slow for me. I rarely feel happy
about selling any photo stuff, especially Leitz, but I was relieved to see
the back of it, frankly.

That said, most of the images on the 'Very Quick on the Eye' section of the
www.cinematic.freeserve.co.uk site were taken with it, so you be the judge.

- --
Johnny Deadman

photos:      http://www.cinematic.freeserve.co.uk