Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Re: Bessa R _ Skip Williams reference
From: Gaifana@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 15:14:24 EST

Jem, are you sure that's a variable mag viewfinder on the Bessar-R? It looks
more from the lever's position on the top plate that it is only a
frame-selector (on the Canon, the lever is closer to being right on top of
the finder). Besides, if the magnification were changing, wouldn't it stand
to reason that the 90mm would necessitate higher magnification than the 35?
On the Canons, the 35mm was 0,75x, the 50mm 1.0x and the longer lenses 1.5x.
The only spec for the Bessa shows 1.0x at all lengths. I think reproducing a
41-year-old design as complex as the VI-L's finder may be hoping for too
much. : )