Subject: [Leica] Pleas
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 10:12:59 +0000

>>>I'm sure you've discussed Canon v. Nikon and US politics 500 times
already. I've read that story about Midland nearly as many times.
You can't legislate for the turns of conversation.<<<

Yeah, but it's the Leica list, so the Midland thing is pertinent. It's
not the Canon vs. Nikon or the Bill and Monica list or the gun control
or abortion or school policy or state-of-modern-culture list.

>>>Most pleas for taking politics out of conversations also ask for sex
and
religion to be excused too.<<<

Okay with me. I know we can't legislate the conversation, but we should
acknowledge that we all have opinions about all sorts of things that we
could potentially discuss _ad nauseam_ that have nothing at all to do
with photography. If you hear the same Leica information over and over
again and don't want to, then I'd say it's you who should find a
different list! I don't mean that to sound unfriendly, but c'mon now.

- --Mike