Subject: [Leica] The 43rd year of the century
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 18:32:46 +0000

I've read with interest the diatribe about the camera and the
photographer
of the century. Well, but the new century (and the new millennium) will
begin on 01/01/2001. And the present year, the last of the old century?
No
camera and no photographers in this last year?<<<

Okay, then, we're talking about the century that spanned from 12:00:01
a.m. Jan. 1, 1901, to 12:00:01 a.m. Jan. 1, 2001. More than 99 of those
years have passed. I don't think it's too early to hazard a guess as to
the "photographer of the century"...or is there some rule that the
century has to be technically over before we can talk about this?

Besides, I use my own calendar, based on my own birth. The first century
doesn't end until 2057. So there.

- --Mike