Subject: [Leica] Pleas
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 11:15:56 +0000

Please, NO CANON VS. NIKON.
Please, NO POLITICS.

It costs me a lot of time to participate in mailing lists, and I really
am getting tired of having to wade through Canon vs. Nikon or Democrat
vs. Republican threads.

Now, Chevvy vs. Ford or Coke vs. Pepsi...I can't say I'd enjoy either
one, but at least it would be something that hasn't been done to death
500 times already.

To change the subject a bit, here's an interesting tidbit I learned from
the Elcan press packet I requested: when Leitz was considering different
Canadian towns as the location of Ernst Leitz Canada in the '50s, the
two finalists were Midland and a town called Smiths Falls. One of the
reasons why Midland was chosen was because "Midland" has the same number
of letters as "Wetzlar," meaning that no change would have to be made in
the size or location of the engravings on the lenses.

- --Mike