Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 baseplate
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 12:44:19 -0700

on 13/1/00 11:47 pm, Mark Rutledge at markrut@ticnet.com wrote:

> Anyone know if an M4 baseplate will work on an M6? or of where I might find
> one for an M6?
> Just how outrageous a price am I looking at?

Wall Street Camera has one in their used database and the price is $119US.
The used site is at:

http://www.wallstreetcamera.com/cgi-bin/wsc-search.cgi

I assume you want the mechanism to work the Leica film cassette. Early M6,
and all M4-P and M4-2 baseplates have this too and would be much cheaper if
you need black finish. I assume the wsc one is chrome or it would not be so
inexpensive. Leica still sells the earlier style M6/4-P/4-2/4 plate new but
I would not want to scare you with the price. They also turn up on eBay and
other used places occasionally. Oh and yes it will work just fine.

John Collier