Subject: Re: [Leica] 75mm or 90mm
From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:38:13 +0000

on 13/1/00 8:05 pm, Jem Kime at jem.kime@cwcom.net wrote:

> Dear Editor's Guild, (did the minister laugh when you were christened?)
>
> If you want an 85mm lens for your rangefinder Leica, it can be arranged!
> The firm of Steinheil made an 85mm f2.8 'Culminar' lens in the 1950's, slip
> a screw to bayonet adapter on the rear and you're away! Of course you'll
> need an accessory finder to show the more exact view you'll be taking but
> there are many multiple length framefinders that have offered that length
> on their repertoire.
> Alternatively if 'Communism' isn't too dirty a word for you then the
> Soviets produced an 85mm f2 lens which was made even into the late 80's.
> Again r/f coupled in LTM screw mount, and they made seperate 85mm
> viewfinders too.

There is also a Nikon 85/2 in LTM. In fact, yesterday I saw 2 of the Jupiter
85s and one Nikon 85 all for sale within a hundred yards of each other in
London. Not telling where just yet cos I might buy one! Prices were UKP 69
for a chrome Jupiter, 99 for a black one and about 300 for the Nikon.
- --
Johnny Deadman

photos:      http://www.cinematic.freeserve.co.uk
music:      http://www.jukebox.demon.co.uk