Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 & mountainbiking?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 00:39:46 -0800

ZaaX@aol.com schreef:

> I was wondering if any LUGers take their M6 mountainbiking? If so how do you
> carry the camera? Any suggestions on a way to carry the camera and a few
> lenses that will protect everything from being bounced about?
> Any info on this will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Zack Schindler

I put  several LEICA R-bodies and lenses in a LOWE-pro-rucksack Photo AW-Trekker
and my Leica M6 in small LOWE-pouch called Nova Mini. After several crashes with
my mountainbike I must conclude that these rucksack and also the pouch give
enough protection. No damage to my cameras what so ever.
I have no experience with LOWE's new Street and Field-system, which consists of
a waistbelt and also a vestharness and several connectable pouches. Even with
bottle bag for "biddons" wtih drinks.  It looks like a good option for biking
photographers.
><Snip>
Fred Hess

I'm heavy into this new S&W system of Lowepro having already gotten involved
with the Mini Pro, Micro pro and you name it little pouches and waist pacs.
They seem to be taking on Domke with this new system in it's styling but it goes
more sophisticated than that. Also the waist belt and harness thing I've got and
all kinds of pouches. If it doesn't work out I can always stock shelve in the
supermarket! The most notable aspect of this system for me is the S&F Reporter
300 AV. which holds my whole Leica M system and the  S&F Reporter 100 AV. which
is smaller and holds a working-shooting smaller system, a body and 3 or 4
lenses. I love the reach through zipper and sophisticated features which are
innovative and functional and stylish. Very Leicalike in my opinion I would
recommend them first above all other companies now. Before I knew they were
excellent for me, now with the S&F system I strongly feel they rule.
Mark Rabiner
This is not my opinion, this is real!