Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 & mountainbiking?
From: Fred Hess <fredhess@wxs.nl>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:18:58 +0100

- --------------99447F658737F989547DB5D4

ZaaX@aol.com schreef:

> I was wondering if any LUGers take their M6 mountainbiking? If so how do you
> carry the camera? Any suggestions on a way to carry the camera and a few
> lenses that will protect everything from being bounced about?
> Any info on this will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Zack Schindler

I put  several LEICA R-bodies and lenses in a LOWE-pro-rucksack Photo AW-Trekker
and my Leica M6 in small LOWE-pouch called Nova Mini. After several crashes with
my mountainbike I must conclude that these rucksack and also the pouch give
enough protection. No damage to my cameras what so ever.
I have no experience with LOWE's new Street and Field-system, which consists of
a waistbelt and also a vestharness and several connectable pouches. Even with
bottle bag for "biddons" wtih drinks.  It looks like a good option for biking
photographers.

More information:  www.lowepro.com

When you want to take more equipment with on your biking-tours take a look at
BOB-trailers: bobtrailers.com

Kind regards,

- --

Fred Hess

Den Haag NL

tel +31 70 3258312
fax +31 70 3258634

     _o         With both feet
  _-\<,_           on the ground
 (_)/ (_)   you won't get far...?!

- --------------99447F658737F989547DB5D4

ZaaX@aol.com schreef:
If so how do you
a few

Photo AW-Trekker and my Leica M6 in small LOWE-pouch called Nova Mini.
After several crashes with my mountainbike I must conclude that these rucksack
and also the pouch give enough protection. No damage to my cameras what
so ever.
which consists of a waistbelt and also a vestharness and several connectable
pouches. Even with bottle bag for "<i>biddons"</i> wtih drinks.&nbsp; It
looks like a good option for biking photographers.
With both feet
on the ground

- --------------99447F658737F989547DB5D4--