Subject: RE: [Leica] A more interesting question
From: "Andrew S Jordan" <andrewsjordan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 01:34:34 -0500

Folks: In my view "The Photographer of the Century" is Capa's(and my)
fellow-hungarian:ANDRE' KERTESZ. In his long and creative life he had worked
with a variety of cameras, including Leicas. From his early photographs in
Hungary,through the Parisian years, and concluding as an octagenarian master
from his apartment window overlooking Washington Square in Manhattan,
Kertesz captured  the "decisive moment" with a deep and abiding compassion.
In comparison with the warmth radiating from Kertesz's images, HCB's photos
seem to be very clever though cold and somewhat cynical.

With best regards, Andrew Jordan(who is occasionally overcome with the
sentimentalism of "mittel-europa")