Subject: [Leica] Winder M4-2 Questions???? Who KNOWS!?!
From: kabob@tiac.net (Bob Keene/Karen Shehade)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 11:42:11 -0400

Hi group-

Ok, why, I don't know- but I'm feeling like I want a winder for my M6 (yes,
I have a Rapidwinder- shut up!)
My questions revolve around the M4-2 winder. According to Matheson *some*
M4-2 winders have #14 400 (will work with M6, M4-P) and some are  #14 414
(which will NOT work with M4-P and M6) and BOTH share the battery pack #14
227.... ok?
Now- additional confusing information is:

>Hello Bob:  In case you decide to bid on the winder...the box is marked
>code # 14 400 and the winder works fine on my M6 and my M4-2.  A little
>note packed inside the box with the winder reads "from serial 31035 all
>M4-2 winders code # 14 214 are identical with code #14 400.  The serial #
>of this winder is #14032 and it is engraved on the lock.  The battery pack
>does read # 14 227.

this info sent to me by a gentleman who WAS selling a winder on Ebay
(unfortunately I missed the boat);
so does anybody have any definitive info here? As in - you are using an
M4-2 winder on an M6 and the part# is 14 414 and the serial # is.....?

Bob (quietly losing my mind over something I probably don't need and -YES-
I *KNOW* the Winder M works with the M6, but hoping I can get a deal on
something I won't use too much unless I'm doing headshots!) Keene