Subject: [Leica] Buddy can you spare a Leica?
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 08:01:24 EST

In a message dated 1/10/00 10:49:48 PM, michaeljohnston@ameritech.net writes:

<< Now, gang...SURELY one of us will step forward and loan Bob a user M6 to
try for a few days. Anyone have a user he or she wouldn't miss for a few
days plus transit time? Let's get one to Bob and let him try it out
properly. A photographer of his stature should not have to buy blind. >>

My stature? Well, I have put back on a little weight lately . . .

Actually, Michael raises an interesting question in my mind. Both Nikon and
Canon have professional support services (NPS and CPS). Besides expedited
repairs both companies offer loaner equipment to working photographers. Many
times I have called NPS and received a special purpose lens on loan. Besides
filling a need for the rare assignment when you need a 600mm f 4 this service
allows photographers to evaluate equipment before buying.

So, does Leica have such a service? If so, how does one join? In not, why not?

Bob (will borrow from strangers but not friends) McEowen